giovedì 15 settembre 2011

A.M.O.

The most frequent question I got in these years, about my extensions, is: "Why they're not on A.M.O. (Addons.Mozilla.Org)?"
Some asked me this, to invite me to give more visibility to my extensions; some asked me this, with a light tone of suspect.

Recently I've decided to put on A.M.O. two of my extensions (ImportExportTools and PrintingTools), that are - in my opinion - quite useful and stable.
But I'm realizing that every update is a pain: for example, the 1.0.1 version of PrintingTools is available on my website since august 28th, but is still "under revision" on A.M.O.
So - for the moment - from a user perspective, the main result of my decision is that after 18 days, the new version is not available yet through automatic update!!!

I'm sorry for that and I hope that I'm being just unlucky and that future updates will be faster.
Anyway this experience makes me hesitate to put on A.M.O. other extensions, above all the ones that could need fast update, because they're under heavy development or are not totally stable.

In short: I don't know if AMO A.M.O. (stupid joke, in italian AMO means "I love").

P.S.: in future my lovestory with A.M.O. will go much better, as you can read in this post.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento